A smattering of random confessions (some are more recent than others) I’ve wanted to jot down in the spirit of #KIR (keepin’ it real):
- I’ve gone 4-5 days without showering (I then found this article in Real Simple and felt vindicated)
- The elderly volunteers at my polling place were eating chocolate cake and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. The next day, I semi-spontaneously looked for a bakery while driving around, found one, then ate a giant slice of chocolate cake. By myself. I then ate the rest of our baby carrots as an act of penance.
- We’ve eaten out for dinner every day for a week straight (this has probably happened more than once in the past year)
- I find piles of Bella’s hair in corners of our house and only stop to sweep them up if I know that people are coming over
A little ashamed to post some of these, but #KIR!
- Preheated oven for sweet potatoes (425 for 1 hour w/ poked holes)
- Let out Bella to do her thing
- Jotted down items on my To Do list that I would otherwise forget
- Packed up my Stitch Fix #3 (sadly, all 5 pieces) to go back
- Put away dishes
- Threw out freesias that were dying/dead (my favorite flower!)
- Restored misc. things to their proper places (one of my favorite “chores”)
- Made the bed
- Put away laundry (I now air dry some of my laundry, btw!)
- Did my thing (ahem) while reading The Splendid Table (a la NPR)’s How To Eat Supper, the cookbook I’m reading now that I finished Smitten Kitchen’s
- Made a mental note that cookbooks really are awesome gifts
- Washed and hulled strawberries for snacking
- Made a green smoothie (spinach, water, banana, ginger, blackerries)
- Fed Bella
- Replied to a few emails and messages
- Prayed (briefly, I’ll confess) for a few friends with needs & requests
- Fired up the laptop to start working from home
From start to finish, probably about an hour and a half. How was your morning?