I made the mistake of putting off this post and we’re already in the full swing of July. Here’s to what I can remember!
- New Years Resolutions Update: I still haven’t finished OMNIVORE’S DILEMMA, but, I read a good 30+ other books (primarily YA). I completely failed at trying a new recipe & Yelp-ing has been completely replaced by inhaling books. Still flossing almost daily, still doggedly avoiding fast food & not a sip of soda. It’s only halfway through the year… and astounded by how hard it is to establish good habits and make them last a YEAR. Maybe that’s good rationale for picking a few of them–maybe at least one will stick.
- As mentioned above, still reading a LOT. Regularly visiting the library, following some of my favorite authors on Twitter (the Internet has totally revolutionized book marketing…), updating/scouring Goodreads for books, and reading. Lots of reading. I hope I’m not ruining my eyes…
- Semi/almost-triannual haircut at Etude Lounge — I only trust Koreans with my hair.
- Celebrated D + S’s wedding in Anaheim Hills — one of B’s best friends and a sweet reunion of friends.
- Lots of family gatherings for Father’s Day (the usual) — really liked (and overate) at a restaurant front of a catering company in Orange. Super recommend.
- Another visit to the endocrinologist, which led to a visit with a dietitian. Was advised to watch my carb intake (did you know grapes and melons have a LOT of carbs?!) and return for more visits in a few months. Joy.
- Made a midweek trek down to the OC for my stepbrother A’s high school graduation. A tiny bit nostalgic, but otherwise celebratory and excited for him and what is to come.
- Made a semi-regular trek out to Oak Tree to please B 🙂
- Summer movie season continues with Man of Steel… I actually liked it! Slower, more emotional, but I felt like it was building a lot of the story and characters in preparation for what will inevitably be a trilogy.
- And wrapped up the month with a seriously epic Beyonce concert @ the Staples Center with J. My phone died early so I didn’t get a ton of pictures… but it was very artistic, LOTS of multimedia, a ridiculous amount of crazy lighting, and super fun. Expensive, though, so maybe once in a lifetime!
- Spent a lot of time researching and planning for our big trip to Seattle!
- Extended a layover in NorCal to indulge our nostalgia. Driving through Berkeley was a trip because so much has changed even in a few years. Spent the afternoon catching up and talking shop with a couple wedding photographer friends (Mark Kuroda, Jerry & Ingrid), then hopped on a plane to Seattle. Probably too much for this recap–another post, maybe.
- Discovered and now a huge fan of DogVacay — basically like Airbnb — where you can find people who are willing to “host” your dog while you travel, an alternative to kennels or dog hotels. Bella gets easily anxious and I think she prefers the company of people to more dogs, so it worked out really, really well for us.