I really like putting these monthly recaps together.
- New Years Resolution Update: finished both my book on hyperthyroidism and The End of Overeating (details here) & made Thai yellow curry (in addition to the homemade granola and almond milk). No fast food or soda, and daily flossing & Yelping more-or-less on track.
- Thanks (kind of?) to my health issues, I’ve been working from home more often which has helped restore my work-life balance tremendously. This also means I’ve been able to cook more often, though we still eat out a good amount.
- Special occasions galore! Coworker’s birthday at Guelaguetza, sister-in-law’s birthday at Sushi Noguchi & festivities at church too — Easter Sunday, 2nd church anniversary
- Caught whatever bug that was going around (sore throat -> sinuses) and shared it (ha) with B. All better now, though
- Celebrated A’s carnival-themed outdoor bridal shower on a really nice Saturday
- Randomly connected with a handful of college friends again via email and in person (L indulged me and let me choose a veggie Chinese restaurant for her visit!)
- Also, long-overdue webcam date with my high school girlfriends ❤ 10+ years, going strong.
- Kobe 😦 Lakers 😦 😦 😦 & the playoffs in the West are super intense.
- Regular meals with dear M continue–checked out the mini version of the famouse Shojin in downtown called shojin in Culver City
- Spent an ungodly amount of time on the phone with my insurance carrier, insurance group, and doctor’s office sorting out the long-awaited endocrinologist referral. This is why I shoulda paid more for a PPO… #shouldawouldacoulda
- Visits to the endocrinologist, radiologist, and dermatologist. Mixed results and more weighting
- Went to my first 2 yoga classes ever at Santa Monica Yoga (late to the party would be a kind understatement) at the encouragement of my massage therapist– did “restorative” yoga and what they call “slow deep stretch” which was a lot more restful and peaceful than strength by any means–perfect for me and my tense neck/back.
- Last, but not least, celebrated our 3-year (!!!) anniversary with a dinner at JiRaffe (disappointing), followed by a lunch at Lemonade & walk-around in Abbott Kinney 🙂
- Made another trip up to Portland for work — starting to really love that city (and unusually awesome weather doesn’t hurt)
The year is officially 1/3 over. Bring on the summer!!