While it wasn’t intentional, I ended up taking a bit of a blogging break, or a hiatus, if you prefer fancier diction.
(Caveat: Funny timing given powerhouse home/lifestyle bloggers Young House Love just announced they’re taking a much-needed break from blogging too)
Blogging started to become more of a chore and responsibility (to myself, not to all 3 of my readers) and I kept adding to the “to blog” list without actually blogging… and we all know what happens when a To Do list gets longer and longer… it becomes even less motivating to get anything done.
So that being said, a random blog comment (thanks Lily!) on an old post brought back fond memories of blogging (distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that) so here I am.
That being said, I’m not really sure what I’m going to post about.
- I don’t know if I’ll ever restart my “What I’m Reading” posts because a) I don’t always want to say something about the books I’ve read b) I really don’t think I’m a good writer, much less book reviewer and c) I meticulously log and rate the books I read on Goodreads. That being said, I haven’t stopped taking pictures of the books I’ve read, so there’s that.
- I also don’t know if I’ll want to pick up my Voice recaps, especially since I haven’t been able to really enjoy the show in a season or two.
- And… I really did like doing my monthly personal updates, but those were some of the posts that took the most energy (makes sense, right? More in = more out) so we’ll see.
We just got back from a vacation, so I figured I could write a tiny bit about our travels. We’re trying to visit all 50 states together (so states we visited separately before we got married don’t count) and it’s been super fun seeing new things, driving through totally different parts of the country, and visiting friends who’ve moved all over the place. If you ever need recommendations for mini-trips to states/cities we’ve been to, feel free to shoot me a note!
- Labor Day trip: Charleston (SC) -> Charlotte (NC) -> Atlanta (GA)
- And just to fun, other states we’ve visited/trips we’ve done:
- One state visits: Portland (OR), Seattle (WA), Salt Lake City (UT), Denver (CO)
- Las Vegas (NV) -> Sedona -> Phoenix (AZ)
- Ann Arbor (MI) -> Indiana -> Chicago (IL) -> Madison (WI) -> Rochester (MN)
- Louisville (KY) -> St Louis (MO) -> Kansas City (KS) -> Tulsa (OK) -> Little Rock (AR)
- New Orleans (LA) -> Houston -> Austin -> Dallas (TX)
- So including our home state of California, we’ve visited 22 states so far.
- States left: New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, the “North” (Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa), and all of the Northeast. Quite a bit!
We have a couple other small trips planned for the rest of 2014, but all to states we’ve been to before, so 22/50 might be where we end 2014 on. Not bad…and there’s always next year!